The Utah State Bar has pre-authorized a limited number of recordings for self-study CLE credit. The recordings approved for credit are:
- Mandatory Civility Meeting (DVD) – approved for 1.0 CLE credit, including 1.0 Professionalism & Civility credit.
- Professional Responsibility (CD) – approved for 3.0 CLE credits, including 3.0 Ethics credits.
- Bankruptcy Law (CD) – 7.0 CLE credits.
- Criminal Law (CD) – 8.0 CLE credits.
- Civil Procedure (CD) – 11.0 CLE credits.
- Constitutional Law (CD) – 12.0 CLE credits.
- Family Law (CD) – 4.0 CLE credits.
- Federal Income Tax Law – 3.0 CLE credits.
- Wills and Trusts (CD) – 10.0 CLE credits.
All of the CLE materials must be picked up in person from the law library circulation desk at BYU and may be borrowed for a 24-hour loan period. Please call ahead to determine availability (801-422-3593).
You also have the option to listen to or watch these materials at the law library. To listen or watch in the library, when you pick up your CLE materials from the Circulation Desk, you may also check out headphones and an external drive (which is compatible with DVDs and CDs), which will allow you to watch or listen to the CLE materials on any computer that has a USB port and applications for CD listening and DVD watching. An employee at the Reference Desk can get you set up on one of the law library computers to watch or listen to CLE materials.
After you have listened to the recording, please contact Annalee Hickman (HickmanA@law.byu.edu) to have your credit posted. When contacting her, you must include the following information: (1) your name, (2) your Utah bar number, (3) the name of the recording, (4) how many hours of the recording you listened to, and (5) the date(s) that you listened to the recording.